News Flash
NEW YORK, March 10, 2025 (BSS/TASS) - A new round of talks between Russia and the United States may take place in Saudi Arabia this week, CNN reported, citing sources.
According to them, officials from the US administration will meet with both Ukrainian and Russian representatives in the coming days. The sources did not specify the exact participants in the talks.
US President Donald Trump said earlier that various kinds of talks would take place in Saudi Arabia and that he hoped for "a lot of progress" on resolving the Ukrainian conflict as a result.
Earlier, US presidential special envoy Steve Witkoff said he hoped to discuss a potential ceasefire and peace agreement at a meeting with Kiev officials in Jeddah on March 11. Zelensky said he would not attend the gathering; the Ukrainian delegation will include the head of his office, Andrey Yermak, Foreign Minister Andrey Sibiga and Defense Minister Rustem Umerov. The US will be represented by Secretary of State Marco Rubio, White House National Security Adviser Mike Waltz, and Witkoff.