BSS
  03 Apr 2025, 19:57
Update : 03 Apr 2025, 19:59

ICT prosecution finds evidence of conspiracy to thwart trial of July-August massacre: Tajul

ICT chief prosecutor Muhammad Tajul Islam. File Photo

DHAKA, April 3, 2025 (BSS) – International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) chief prosecutor Muhammad Tajul Islam today said that the prosecution found evidences of conspiracy to thwart the trial of the July-August massacre.

“We have found a lot of specific information and evidences of hatching conspiracy to thwart the tribunal's trial of the July-August mass killing. Simultaneously, the masterminds behind the plot have been identified,” he told BSS today.

The chief prosecutor said action will be taken against the conspirators in due course.
Earlier on Wednesday, Tajul said that the prosecution received the draft probe report of a case filed against Sheikh Hasina over the July-August mass killing.

He said a formal charge will be filed once they receive the final report.
On March 27, the chief prosecutor said they received the draft of the probe report in the case filed over the Chankharpul crimes against humanity as five people were shot dead there on August 5.

This report will be submitted to the tribunal soon, he added.

ICT Prosecutor Gazi MH Tamim said so far more than 300 complaints have been filed with the International Crimes Tribunal's prosecution on charges of murders and mass killings carried out to suppress the student movement in July-August as well as enforced disappearances and various crimes against humanity took place in the last 15 years.

The complaints also included the mass killing carried out at Motijheel Shapla Square on May 5, 2013, he said.

Tamim said out of these complaints, 23 have so far been filed as cases while arrest warrants have been issued against 145 people in these cases. Out of them, about 50 accused have been arrested, he added.